Hey, guys in this article, I will tell you how to make a website for free and earn money. More and more people are looking for ways to make money online. The obvious way that most people find it easy to make money online is through blogs.
Blogging is a tried and true method of making money. I have been making a decent income from blogging for over 10 years and now I can say that anyone with hard work can make money blogging.
If you are one of those looking to make the most of your free time, blogging is a great way to not only make money but also increase your online influence. Therefore, if you are looking for ways to create a free blog, this detailed guide is for you.
If you are looking for ways to start a free blog, I highly recommend that you consider using the blogging platform Blogger as not only is it easy to set up, but you can start making money with Adsense.
Here’s a one-stop shop for folks who want to learn how to make money with Adsense by starting a free site on Blogger. Before getting into the details, let’s first answer a few important questions.
Must Read: 5 Reasons Why You Should Blog in 2022
A few basic questions that most people ask before starting a blog on Blogspot
Can I Use Adsense On Blogging Blogs?
You can of course make money blogging with blogging. While blogging platform Blogger allows you to create blogs, at the same time, it will also help you monetize your blogs with Google Adsense.
Recommended Reading: Google Adsense Guide: The Only Guide You Need To Increase Adsense Revenue
Do I have to pay anything to create a blog on a blog?
Nothing. You don’t need to pay a dime to create a blog on Blogspot. All you need to do is enter your email address to register and start creating a blog at Blogger.com. It is so simple.
How do I make my blog attractive to readers?
For Blogspot blogs, there are numerous blog designs to choose from. Luckily, you can use most of them for free, although you have to pay a few dollars if you want premium blog templates to make your blog designs look awesome and unique.
Newbies don’t need to buy anything premium, just go for free blog templates, as you will not only save money, but you can also find great-looking themes even in free blog templates on Blogspot.
How to Make a Website For Free and Earn Money
It’s easy to start a blog with Blogger.com.If you want how to make a website for free so completely read this article, I will give you some simple instructions and follow them accordingly.
Step 1. Sign up to Blogger.com
First of all, go to the Blogger.com homepage and sign up.
Note: Create a Gmail account if you don’t already have one.
Once you are logged into your Google account, you will see a New Blog button on the left side. Click it to create a new blog on Blogger.
Step 2. Enter a name for your blog
Enter whatever title you want your blog to be named in in the Title field. And just enter any short domain address, if it is already taken, you will see a yellow box. Be sure to come up with a unique name and choose a template from the options provided in the same field. There are many more templates to choose from and customize your blog later.
That’s all! You have successfully created a blog on Blogspot in less than 2 minutes. Congratulations. We will now look at the next steps.
Step 3. Start creating new blog posts
Click the Create New Post button on the left side to create a new blog post. Enter any title and begin crafting your content.
Step 4: Google Adsense!
Once you start getting a decent amount of visitors from search engines to your blogs, you can apply for Adsense to start making money. Don’t apply to become an Adsense member until you’ve attracted at least 300-400 unique visitors every day. Otherwise, it will be really difficult to get your account approved.
Note. You can change your blog template at any time by clicking the Template button on the left of your blog dashboard.
Must Read: How To Find Your Blogging Niche in 2022
What should you do when you’ve created a Blogspot blog?
Start creating SEO friendly content
If you want to generate more Adsense income using your Blogspot blog, you need to attract more visitors from search engines. The more traffic you get from search engines, the more clicks you can get and the more income you get from Adsense.
Unfortunately, increasing search traffic to any blog or website isn’t easy, especially if you’re new to SEO. You should do your own research on everything SEO-related and start applying effective SEO strategies to increase your organic traffic.
The only recommendation I can give any budding blogger is this: Focus on creating SEO-friendly content. Here are some simple tips for writing SEO-friendly blog posts to help you drive more traffic to your blogs.
- Focus on internal links. Every time you write new messages link to previous messages. This will increase the craw lability of the search. The more internal crawling of your site is done, the higher the visibility of your blog in search engines.
- Don’t write more than 70 characters in blog post titles. It won’t show up in search results, so use short but descriptive titles.
- Always focus on your readers first and then optimize them for the search engines. Don’t use the same keywords over and over, as this will lead to keyword overflows and your blog could be penalized for doing so.
- Do not use flash elements on your blog as this will slow down your blog’s speed. Google prioritizes sites that load faster.
Focus on getting Adsense approval
Once you’ve started creating great content for your blog, it’s time to focus on getting Google Adsense approval. This is the main reason most bloggers start blogging on Blogspot. If you’re one of them, don’t put it off any longer.
I would recommend everyone to focus their efforts on getting Adsense approval after 4-6 months. Because by then you should be able to get a good amount of traffic from the search engines.
Even if you publish one post a day, it will be about 100 articles in 4 months, and if they are all well optimized for search engines, you will definitely get about 500 unique visitors. And this is a good start for validating your Adsense.
Learn How To Increase Your Adsense Income
The next thing you can do after your Adsense account is approved is to figure out a few proven ways to increase your Adsense revenue. While it may be difficult for you as a beginner to increase your Adsense income, over time you will understand how it works well.
You can also subscribe to Adsense-related blogs to expand your knowledge and place your Adsense ads in the right places to get more clicks from your blogs.
5 essential SEO tips for blogging blogging
Now that you’ve got a solid idea of what to do after starting a blog on Blogspot, it’s time to focus on your SEO strategies to get more traffic to your blog from search engines.
1. Prioritize search engine optimization on the page.
If you want to increase traffic to your Blogspot blog, you need to make sure that you are doing the right page optimization. On-page SEO includes the following factors.
Use of primary keywords in heading tags, image alt tags, internal links, subheadings like h2, h3, and general body content. This will ensure that your content is properly optimized for specific keywords and you can increase its visibility on search engines.
2. Find keywords before writing anything
Keyword research is a key factor in increasing your organic traffic. Use SEO tools like SEMrush to find the best-performing keywords in your niche.
Always use long keywords to drive more traffic. For example, “blogger” is a short tail keyword, and ranking for that keyword is nearly impossible due to the high competition.
Long-tail keywords such as “make a free blog on Blogspot,” “start a new blog on Blogger,” “how to start a free blog,” and so on can help you rank. All of these long-tail keywords are usually are less competitive. and you can easily rank for those keywords without building too many links.
3. Getting inbound links is the key to increasing organic traffic.
The most efficient strategy to improve your search traffic is to develop links. While link building is difficult for most newbies, try writing a guest post for other blogs in your niche to create natural links.
Also use creative link-building strategies like skyscraper technique, blogging, etc. to attract high-quality links from other blogs. The more you focus on link building, the more traffic you will attract from search engines as Google prioritizes sites with a lot of backlinks.
4. Never post duplicate content.
Most aspiring bloggers post copied content on their blogs. I see this almost every time I see a new blogger starting a blog on the Blogspot platform. They do this to increase traffic to their blog, but what they don’t understand is that Google has clever algorithms that will catch up with those posting copied content.
And if they find that you are posting duplicate content on your blog to increase traffic, it will start penalizing your search rankings, or even Google may delete your blog for doing the wrong thing. So never post duplicate content, take your time, research, and create great content for blog readers.
5. Optimize your images for search engines.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Images not only add depth to your content, but they also help drive traffic through Google Image Search. The more attractive images you use, the more traffic you get from search engines.
But when using images in blog posts on your blog, be sure to use non-copyrighted images. Don’t use random images from Google search results, as Google won’t accept your Adsense if they find copyrighted content that you can freely use on your blogs. To make your own photos, go to sites like FreeDigitalPhotos.net or Quozio.com.
Read this post for the best places to find free images.
Check out additional resources about creating a blog:
- How to Start a Blog in 2020 [Step by Step Process]
- How to make a fashion blog and make money from it
- How to Create and Make Money from a Successful Food Blog
- How to start and profit from a football blog
Frequently Asked Questions about Starting Up a Blog on Blogspot
Here are a few frequently asked questions you might have before starting a Blogspot blog using the Blogger platform.
1. What’s the difference between a Blogspot blog and a WordPress.com blog?
First things first. WordPress.com and Blogger.com are free blogging platforms where you can start a blog for free, but both offer different features.
Here are some of the main differences between Blogspot and WordPress.com.
Powered by Blogger
- You rent your website, Blogger actually owns it (which means you won’t get full control of your free blogging blog).
- Fully supported and controlled by Blogger, so you don’t have to worry about the domain or hosting space (free to use)
- Easy to use for beginners
- Settings (themes or SEO related) are limited compared to WordPress
- Automatic software updates
- WordPress is an open-source platform, which means you own your site.
- You are responsible for managing your site – from security to malware and everything else.
- Easy to set up
- Automatic WordPress Updates (at WordPress.com)
2. What’s the best blog site?
So what’s the best free blogging platform? There are too many blogging platforms out there, ranging from Blogger to WordPress, Typepad, Tumblr, and so on. Not all blogging platforms are the same, and each has its own pros and cons.
So if you are looking for a free platform to easily create and manage a free blog, Blogger is definitely for you. But if you are really serious about making money, you might consider using your own blog on the WordPress platform, which is widely used by so many people.
3. What is the name of your blog?
Here are three simple but most effective tips on how to name your free blog or any other blog.
- What is your blog about? Once you know what industry you are in (fitness, real estate, fashion, etc.), it will be easy for you to analyze the websites of your main competitors to see how they named their sites (to figure out what names you can come up with).
- What are the synonyms? If you run a fitness blog, you can make a list of synonyms that you can use to name your blog (e.g. health, strength, ability, etc.)
- Use blog name generators. They help you easily come up with tons of domain name ideas for your website, no matter what industry you are in.
Tip: Be sure to buy your own domain name even if you create a free Blogspot blog (you will get the default domain www.example.blogspot.com), so for spending $ 10 a year you can get your own domain name. (for example www.example.com)
4. How can I make money from blogging Blogspot?
Yes, you can definitely make money from blogging Blogspot. The money you make from blogging mainly depends on two things.
- Traffic source
- Your niche
If you are getting traffic mainly from countries like the US, UK, etc., it is easier for you to use Adsense and other sources to make money on your blog because you can use high CPC ads to increase your income from Adsense. Likewise, your industry also plays a big role in monetizing your free blog.
Just make sure to focus on being consistent in your blogging efforts and you will make more money when you start making money, consider migrating your site to WordPress.
5. How can I get more visitors to my blog in 2020 and beyond?
To get traffic to any blog (be it a Blogspot blog or a WordPress blog), you need the following.
- Detailed and helpful content (articles with over 2000 words score well on Google)
- Consistency in the frequency of posts on your blog (Google always loves fresh content and gives high rankings to sites that post consistently)
- Proper SEO (Keyword Research for Link Building)
It usually takes 6 to 8 months or 1 year, depending on your blogging and industry efforts, to get more visitors from search engines like Google to your blog. So, consistency is the key to getting more visitors to your free blog.
6. How do I get Adsense approval for my Blogspot blog?
One of the widely used blogging monetization strategies is the use of Google Adsense. If you’re wondering how to get your Adsense account approved on the free Blogspot blog, here are some simple tips.
- Create at least 30-50 blog posts before considering using Adsense so you have a better chance of getting your Adsense account approved.
- Make sure to attract at least 1,000 visitors a day to have a high chance of getting your Adsense account and a decent income.
- You can also search Facebook Groups or connect with other people with approved Adsense accounts, as this makes it much easier for you to start monetizing your blog content without having to wait for Google Adsense account approval.
- List of Free Web Hosting Services You Can Use in 2020
- List of Free Websites for Creating Personal Blogs
- Step-by-step Guide on How to Start a Blog Successfully in 2020
Must Read: Blogging Course Online Free
Final thoughts on starting a free blog with Blogspot
I personally believe that setting up a blog on the Blogspot blogging platform is the best way to start your blogging journey. Over time, you will not only gain experience in blogging, but you will also begin to understand all the technical terms associated with blogging such as SEO, themes, plugins, customizations, etc.
Once you start gaining confidence, you can later upgrade to a self-hosted WordPress platform to improve your monetization strategies and blogging skills. Not only will you be able to make money fast with a good online reputation, but you will also know how a money blog actually works.
I hope that my step-by-step tutorial to set up a free blog using the Blogger blogging platform not only helps you get started blogging but also gets you started earning money with Adsense. Please share this guide with others so they can create their own blogs on Blogspot.
Share your thoughts in the comments below, and ask questions if you have any! I will be glad to answer everything.
I hope you understand how to make a website for free and earn money.